Meeting scheduling is a fairly routine activity in the workplace, and yet it often becomes complicated and time-consuming without an efficient booking process.
This leads to an overall inefficient use of space and resources. Meeting organisers have to arrange for numerous participants in one room, which involves endless communications back and forth via email or phone.
That's where room booking systems come handy - replacing the manual, and frustratingly error-prone booking methods with meeting room booking systems.
They streamline the entire process by which organisers can locate and book meeting rooms instantly, invite attendees, and order any associated services like catering from one user-friendly interface.
Quick Buyer's Guide to Room Booking Systems
We advise our clients to consider the following factors while choosing the right meeting room booking software:
1. Ease of use: While your user base and requirements are unique, it is worth considering the user interface, which allows a user to view, search, and schedule available meeting rooms and attendees quickly and easily. Consideration include layout, branding, colours, booking process, readability etc. A system that simplifies the process of booking rooms and resources will encourage user adoption.
2. Anytime, anywhere access A good system shouldn't hold back employees from using the system while they’re not in the office. Look for meeting scheduling software that can be accessed via the web and on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
3. Integration with your ERP system Meeting room booking software that integrates with your company’s ERP system bring sthe additional advantage of managing the order-to-invoice process for any internal and external service providers you may have, for example, catering.
4. Built-in reporting capabilities: consider the benefits of generating advanced and standardised reports in various formats and support for third party tools. These help keep better track of meeting room and resource usage to lower costs and assist with estates planning.
5. Real-time synchronisation: when your system is connected to a central database that is updated in real-time, it helps avoid situations where users can prevent booking conflicts such as double booking.
6. Scalability If you have meeting rooms and resources spread across multiple locations, select a system that scales to multiple locations and handles bookings across different time zones. When synced with a central database, you can help avoid meeting conflicts.
Today’s meeting room booking equipment and systems are very easy to use and don’t necessitate expert knowledge or intensive training. Still, for full returns on your investment, your users - staff, suppliers, customers, third-parties - must feel comfortable with the software and processes.
Our installations will include end-user training & overview of how to use and configure the system - we'll ensure you have the know-how to run the systems on your own, without the need for a manual. Rest assured, we will ensure that your video conferencing system performs as desired, and that your team know how to use them right!
Over the years we have learnt how to keep disruption to the minimum, while your employees carry on as normal with their daily routine. Going green is just as important for us - most of our equipment, tools and disposables are provided in recycled cartons and our engineers will carry all the packaging away with them after installation to the recycling units at our offices.
Contact us today for more information about our installation service.
Have a question?
Want to arrange a demo?
Let us know through the form below and we'll be in touch.